Pregnancy after breast cancer diagnosis: help us make it happen!
SUPPORT BABY TIME IN CANADA! Make a contribution to our Indiegogo campaign before July 13, 2015!
Help Rethink bring the Baby Time study to Canada!
From all of our experience working with young women with breast cancer we know that fertility is one of the most important issues to them. Drugs administered during cancer treatment, as well as to protect against recurrence following treatment, can have adverse effects on a woman’s reproductive system.
Help us understand the challenges some women face when trying to get pregnant after breast cancer.
We need to raise $100,000+ over the next 4 years to support this work with a goal of raising $25,000 in 2015 to get the trial started.
WHAT IS BABY TIME?
- The Canadian research arm of an international study into women’s fertility after breast cancer treatment, led by Dr. Karen Gelmon, Medical Oncologist, Department of Medical Oncology, BC Cancer Agency.
- The Baby Time study is internationally known as the POSITIVE research trial
- The goal is to improve the scientific understanding and obtain solid information about young women with breast cancer, in particular relating to pregnancy .
- This trial will evaluate the pregnancy outcomes and safety of interrupting endocrine therapy for young women with endocrine responsive breast cancer who desire pregnancy
- More than 60 breast cancer centres in 20 countries are participating in this international study.