Live Laugh Learn
An evolution of our in-person support groups, Rethink Breast Cancer’s Live Laugh Learn series of articles and videos offer practical tips for young women with breast cancer and their support systems (cause we know you need support too!).
LIVE LAUGH LEARN: TIPS FOR YOUNG WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCER
Easy to apply tips for young women with breast cancer from young women who’ve been there.
- Sylvia Soo on the Power of Journaling
- Stephanie Gilman with tips for Coping with Chemo
- Stacey Oree shares her solution for a Bathing Suit Post Mastectomy
- Laura Murton on how Physiotherapy Helped Aid Her Recovery
- Carys Cao shares her favourite product for Reducing the Look of Scars
LIVE LAUGH LEARN: HOW TO BE A LOVED ONE
Knowing what to say or do when someone you love has cancer can be tough. Here’s some wisdom from those who’ve been where you’ve been.
- Jasmin Fiore Dodge shows you how to Create a Treatment Care Kit for someone you love!
- Laura Hegge and Jim Dalling provide insightful solutions in Don’t Ask – Do This
- Jasmin Fiore Dodge and best-friend Corinne Murray on how to Create a Meal Train
- Don’t know what to say to someone with cancer? Vanessa and her cousin Alana
help navigate the difficult conversation in What to Say
LIVE LAUGH LEARN BEAUTY TIPS + TRICKS FOR WOMEN WITH CANCER
Fashion and beauty tips and how-tos that you won’t find on the pages of your favourite fashion blog.
- How to brighten a complexion when going through treatment: Face Forward
- Tips to revive tired eyes from cancer treatment: Making Eyes Pop
- The best hairstyles for when hair grows back: Short Hair Love
- How to re-create eyebrows after hair loss: Arch Up
- Fitting and caring for wigs: Wig Out
LIVE LAUGH LEARN: THE COMEBACK (POST-TREATMENT)
Navigating your new normal can feel overwhelming. Let the experts helps with their tips on how to live life well after a breast cancer diagnosis:
- Navigating changes in diet + nutrition: Food For Thought
- Exercising after breast cancer: Up and At ‘Em
- Managing side effects of cancer treatment: Hot Flashes, Fatigue, Dermatitis, Oh My!
- Dealing with fear and anxiety after cancer: Just Breathe
- Career coaching 101: Back on the Career Track
LIVE LAUGH LEARN: YOUNG + METASTATIC
If this uncharted territory. Advice and personal stories shared by young women living with metastatic breast cancer:
- Michelle Riccio on Telling Loved Ones About Your Diagnosis
- Teva Harrison on Building A Legacy
- Jasmin Fiore on Finding Hope, Support & Community
- Melanie Warner on Dealing With Chronic Illness & Scanxiety
- Teva Harrison on Accessing Clinical Trials
LIVE LAUGH LEARN: MISSION RECOVERY (TALKING TO KIDS ABOUT CANCER)
This animated series explores various tools and techniques to provide children with a greater understanding of breast cancer and identify some of the feelings that may be impacting their lives at different ages and stages of development:
- What is Cancer? The Discovery
- Getting through Treatment – Operation Rescue
- Changes in Routine + Environment H.E.L.P. Squad
- Metastatic Breast Cancer – The Black Dot Returns
- Coping with Feelings – Transmission Feelings
Looking for more resources? Contact us at email@example.com.